Mar 11, 2008

Here's to You, Painful Pimple Underneath my Skin



This one goes out to you, little red area I noticed about a week ago that slowly but surely becomes more painful with each passing day. Don't think I'm not aware what you're doing down there. I've been around the block enough times to know you're a zit in disguise, just waiting for the most opportune moment to break through the friendly confines of my skin and be as embarrassing as possible.

Oh sure, you tease me for awhile. At first you're nothing more than an apparent scratch. But then three days later you become a bit bumpy. Then, two days after that while blowing my nose, I get that irritating feeling that something is amiss. "What? You have a business meeting on Friday? Maybe I'll stop by!" you say with such contempt.

Granted I should have dealt with you at the first signs of danger, but I didn't. I was stupid to think you'd just go away. But here you are, six days after I caught you sneaking around beneath the surface, ready to pounce and make me look like a 15 year old. "Differin Gel? Ha! Not on my watch!"

It's become quite clear what stance you're taking, and I can't say I blame you. You've worked hard to grow strong and adapt to harsh conditions before making your debut. You know what it takes to survive in a world filled Proactiv and Noxema. As usual, you have me right where you want me.

So I'll be here, painful pimple underneath my skin. Hit me with your best shot. Until then, good night and good luck you opportunistic S.O.B..

No comments: