Dec 4, 2007

The future is now

That's quite a title, isn't it? There's no way to explain it...Not to mention my total inability to quantify it as anything meaningful. What I probably should have said, was, "Welcome." That's not so great either. Who really wants to read a 'welcome' post? I, before anyone, would agree that any sort of welcome is generally discredited. For instance, each morning I arrive to work and am bombarded with hellos. All of which I reciprocate, none of which I appreciate.

After years of throwing the idea of blogging to the deck chair, I figured I'd dive in and swim around a bit. For instance, I was checking out 'blogging tips' one day recently. First of all, blogging tips are lame, and I'm embarrassed to admit I was researching them. Anyways, the one guy I read exclaimed that the most important trait of any blog is its theme. "Gotta have a theme, gotta have a reason." That's not exactly how he put it, but you get the point. His other tip was to find an area of expertise you have, and explore it. I'm 23, a college grad of varying successes and I work an 8-5 office job. The only expertise I claim is my affinity for a few certain TV programs; none of which I'll talk about now, simply to save material for later.

So let's make a deal: You read, I'll write ... and from there, we'll close our eyes and see what happens. If you're at work, bookmark my site. Check it 20 times a day. I know I will. In the next week or so, posting could be scarce as I'm waiting on a new computer from the lovely people at Dell. But once that gets going, we'll get tough.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You could check the blog 20 times, hitting F5 all day at work oooorrrrrrrrr....

Be smart about it and subscribe to the RSS Feed and know when there is a new post that way.

That's how I roll.

GMONEY said...

Looks like you spent more time thinking of a sweet website name(SmallTownScandals) than you did on writing these first two articles. Frank Calliando was an easy target and I don't appreciate it. Here's what else I don't want to hear you talk about: the New England Patriots, the weather, and work. Here's a list of appropriate topics: LOST, Darren McFadden, babes, infomercials, Ron, Dwight K. Schruet, and the internet (we still recognize you as The President of the Web).


You know I kid. Good work Boydie and thank you for not welcoming us to your blog. That would have pissed me off.

As a matter of fact, I could start my own blog on your blog by posting in the comments section after every post. Hmmm, sounds like a good idea. You're going to have to talk me out of it, cuz it's on!

Peace

Unknown said...

You can count me in for at least 5 times of checking every day that im in my office...its good to have some boyd writing to read again, sorta like when i used to stay up til 3 am the night before your articles were due and get that shit hot off the presses, so even though im not the first id like to just say welcome back (im secure enough to write a lame welcome post). Also, something to cover in a future post, why is there a handicap signal by the word identification box?????

Unknown said...

all i can say is that i'm relieved..
i don't know if you're keepin up with the jones lately, but just in case:

http://media.www.theduquesneduke.com/media/storage/paper1278/news/2007/11/29/Opinions/Thinking.Out.Loud-3122899.shtml