Feb 14, 2008

Maybe Congress can investigate the $900 trillion deficit

One of my work rotation sites, FreeMoneyFinance, had a post today mentioning the current onslaught by Congress into the various malfeasance's and underhanded tactics used by our professional sports leagues. The point of the discussion was to ponder whether Congress is too busy interrogating Roger Clemens and Bill Belichick to kind of sit back and focus on other things.

What do I mean by 'other things'? Oh I dunno, like the war? Or maybe the terrible economy? Trust me, I'd love nothing more for the Patriots to be found guilty of cheating during their Super Bowl years. I am from the Steel City, after all. While my opinion on steroids is somewhat neutral - if everyone was doing it, who cares? - I appreciate watching Roger Clemens fumble around like a sack-drunk Tommy Maddox as much as the next guy, but come on.

Does Arlen Specter really have so little to do that he needs to be taking initiative to go after the NFL?

Paul showed me an article today entitled: "Bernanke: 'Outlook For The Economy Has Worsened'"

Are you kidding me? Where has Ben Bernanke been for the past year that he's just now admitting that our economy has worsened? All of this is happening while the United States has a national deficit of somewhere near seven hundred million trillion dollars.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

side note about specter, do you know that he wants to be down with belichick because of comcast? comcast is pissed at the nfl network cause they won't carry it in their regular package. so comcast is losing viewers who are switching to HD to get the nfl network without paying extra. comcast is one of specter's largest corporate sponsors.